Thursday, January 05, 2006

Art History Stint

Two semesters ago, I decided to teach an Art History Survey at a couple of the colleges around here. One memorable lecture was on Brueghel. I was trying to fight the structure of Teacher/student in most art history classes where the teacher does all the talking and the students sit there bored. This was the image I wanted to discuss:


I asked, "Can anyone tell me about the myth of Icarus?"
and this kid Jeff Suraci, who doesn't speak much raises his hand.
"Yes, Jeff? What can you tell us about Icarus?"
"It's my last name spelled backwards," he says.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

"The sun will melt your fuckin wings" "Idiot"

7:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to tell Jeff that you blogged about him... you know we graphic designers like to spread gossip like wild fire!

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home