Tuesday, January 24, 2006

The Bliss of Ignance

The clash song Magnificent Seven lyrics:

"Plato the Greek or Rin Tin Tin, whose more famous to the million billions, News Flash!"

I always thought were :

"Plato the Greek or Rin Tin Tin, whose more famous to the million billions, Whose Flesh!"

There's always that let down when you like your misheard lyrics better than the original.

I also named a dog "Saffro" after the misheard lyrics of Donovan's "Mellow Yellow"


misheard lyric site: highlights from my meager-andering:

Stevie Wonder and Paul McCartney: Agony and Irony

Hall & Oates "I can't go for that, no can do." mistaken for "I can't coconut, no can do" (thought it was a dance)

Robert Palmer "might as well face it, your addicted to love" for "might as well face it, your a dick with a glove" (thought it was about Michael Jackson)

Lionel Ritchie's "all night long" to "all nylon"

1 Comments:

Blogger Melissa said...

Love "all nylon" and love that picture. But am still thinking of my worst misheard lyric...

3:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home