Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Snowed in and ain't bitching.

Supposed to get 5 inches by tomorrow. Snow that is! (you filthy minded jackals). No school. No deadline. No nuthin. New kitchen, new books, and time.

On page 143 of "Satan Burger", a sci-fi novel. Title was irresistable. Here's a section:

"My parents were Mr. and Mrs. Cable. I don't caree to remember their first names. I'm sure they don't care to remember mine either. Actually, they better remember my name. They gave this weak-wretched title to me.

They said to me, 'Leaf is also a name for a person and not just the vegetation that grows on trees and plants.'

However they meant Leif. Leif is the person and Leaf is just a leaf. Great, eh? I'm a leaf, not a human being like my parents once told me.

People always took my parents for hippies for naming me Leaf. I would respond:'No take them for idiots.' "



"If you want to appreciate the strangeness of things as they are. Try to imagine them as different. "

Lao Tzu may have said that last one, but i take it for my own.

Recap of times past:

best thing a student ever said to me. "you are perhaps the most irreverent teacher I have ever met."
He said it in response to my statement concerning a german grandmother hailing a cab..."Manhatten provides a suitable home even for the Nazis."

There are a few proud moments in one's life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home