Thursday, March 23, 2006

For the Birds


I mark the day of adulthood from the first moment I stood up to my father. That was about 15 years ago. A troubled relationship soon blossomed into one of mutual respect. Working on projects was our first act of camaraderie. Our first project together was a small launch ramp for a bicycle. Since then, we've been involved in fountains, frames, rabbit cages, roofing, pruning, injuring ourselves, taxidermy, planting, chopping with axe and chainsaw, and rabbit catching. The latest project was an aviary.



I think we were secretly channeling the Florence Baptistery in our design.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

seeing you on the roof why do I feel like signing chim chimmery chim chimmiry chim chim cha rou....
You crazy bird, hope you have better luck at keeping birds then you did with rabbits. The kids @ reg. dist. 13 can learn taxidermy after school. but K said No. just say no.

7:16 PM  
Blogger *ArtStar* said...

(((( THUNDERCATS HO! )))

7:26 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I completely identify with that strange moment when you realize your parents can be, or are, in fact, awesome people with whom you can collaborate with success! It feels strangely functional. But, more than that, genuine and, dare I say it (?), distractingly real.

1:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What kind o birds?

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home