Wednesday, March 08, 2006

The Making of a Hero

I've been getting wicked press as of late. This is the story on me the local paper of the hicktown I grew up in ran last Sunday. Modesto is mostly known for the Scott and Lacey Peterson case and the Gary Conditt story. Modesto has gotten a bad rap thus far, but i was enlightened by my Norwegian friend that the band Grandaddy is also from Modesto.

Everyone with fashion sense has given me a bad time about the first photo the article ran (seen below), but I have to say I'm still satisfied with it. Satisfied in the same way a dog returns home from a stroll in the park toting its new rolled in perfume. One friend said I looked constipated, the other said I was trying way too hard to look cool, which I agree with. The worst part of it is I actually photoshopped the portrait in.



Since the Times review, the New Haven Register wrote a story, then the Modesto Bee kicked in, and I just had an interview with Play magazine this morning. I could get used to this. Play magazine is doing a story on the show that's up now at University of Bridgeport. Now if I could actually sell a freakin painting.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No comment.

8:43 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Ah! A fellow Californian! I originally hail from Los Angeles (and lately, as well), but am happy to see that art touches many young things in the Golden State.

And, thanks for the link to the academia and art videos. Those were great!

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home