Friday, August 04, 2006

Dancing in the Park



Went to the Yankee game two nights ago in the sweltering arm pit of this New England heat wave. In the eighth inning they play the Cotton Eyed Joe song between innings and scower the seats for fans making fools of themselves. Low and Behold they found me dancing my freak off, and for about 4 seconds I was on the billboard screen in front of 54, 000 people. It's a shame to think that dancing for 20 seconds like a mongoloid gets me more viewers than the accumulation of 15 years of painting, but I certainly wasn't feeling that sting during my 15 seconds.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How was france?

11:08 AM  
Blogger calmly said...

Maybe if you had danced your freak off, for 15 years, Nathan, and only painted for 15 seconds, 54,000 people would have gotten brief exposure to your painting.

It was minutes, not years or seconds, that Warhol mentioned, right? But as a fellow artist, you have creative freedom to adjust that to suit yourself, especially if it gets you 54,000 new patrons.

Do I miss Yankees games? Do I miss New England heat waves? Maybe not, but i didn't get to dance in front of 54,000 either, did I? Way to go!

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home