Sunday, December 31, 2006

Glonous History & Cultual

There is much in this world that changes and leaves you with a sense of loss because you failed to record it somehow. Such was the case I thought, when I noticed last year that the chopstick wrappers at a local Chinese Restaurant had no mispellings. I was glad to find last week that they have returned to their former Chinese typo buffet. Behold:


Welcome to Chinese Restaurant.
Please try your Nice Chinese Food With Chopsticks
the traditional and typical of Chinese glonous history and cultual.

Learn how to use your chopsticks:

Tuk under tnurnb and held firmly
Add second chcostick
hold it as you hold a pencil

Hold tirst chopstick
in originai position
move the second
one up and down
Now you can pick up
anything!


Another translation story: There was an english speaking minister that was trying to convert Russians and needed a translator to speak to the gathered crowd. He started his sermon/speech with

"First off, I just want to say I'm tickled to death to be here..."

This got translated as

"scratch me till I die."

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

thanks for posting that, the world needs more glonous history buffs.

2:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home