Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Manerus Caninus: From the Sublime to the Ridiculous



I'm in a crit group with a slew of other artists now, and we got on the topic of the writer Jorge Luis Borges. We are all mildly ADD in the group and only need a suggestion, a Word, a Name to trigger numerous thoughts and stories. With Borges being mentioned, Chris began this story about waiting in line at a cafe'. There was a striking spanish woman in front of him with a tattoo of a constellation on her neck. Once Chris got up the nerve to ask her about it, she said it was inspired by a Borges poem.




For whatever reason, this triggered my remembering of a similar experience. So I picked up the thread from Chris's story and recalled waiting in line at a Dunkin' Donuts in Niantic. In front of me was a slightly overweight leather clad Harley chick with a cowboy hat. On the back of her neck was a tattoo that very elegantly said DOGGY STYLE. Needless to say, I'm a starbucks customer now.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

my wifes tatoo say stupid westerners in chinese characters

11:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home