Monday, July 28, 2008



New Piece: "Into the White- Stephen Vincent Kobasa"

Title comes from the pixies song. Visually thinking of early renaissance images of John the Baptist entering the wilderness and also of Alchemical drawings of the tree coming out of a man.



Upon finally seeing the piece (he waited till the end), Stephen thought of this section of Dante's Inferno

"Midway in our life's journey, I went astray
from the straight road and woke to find myself alone in a dark wood. How shall I say
what wood that was! I never saw so drear so rank, so arduous a wilderness!
Its very memory gives a shape to fear.
Death could scarce be more bitter than that place!
But since it came to good, I will recount
all that I found revealed there by God's grace
"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hes a friend of my radical hippy side of my family, i dont think he likes my art......pongratz

ps i broke my hand so me no type good

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home